August 28th With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?
So far in AP Lang, I think I have been getting better as a writer by better understanding prompts and how to create claims. The most challenging part has been getting strong evidence for topics that I am not personally familiar with. Moving forward, I need to get better at choosing evidence and connecting it to my claim.
In class, we were given a prompt asking whether there is such a thing as a “good kill,” and we wrote an introduction paragraph responding to it. This helped me practice creating a clear claim and setting up an argument based on the prompt.
I learned that having a clear position from the beginning makes it easier to build a strong argument throughout the rest of the writing.
Comments
Post a Comment