August 19th Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?
Living around Atlanta has influenced me into seeing my community as more diverse and connected. Atlanta has many different cultures, backgrounds, and types of people, which has helped me understand and appreciate the differences between people.
In class Wednesday, we went in depth on breaking down a speech; looking at rhetorical appeal, rhetorical situation, and rhetorical choices. We talked about how rhetorical choice applies to specific situations, and how certain things are better to say than others depending on the audience.
This helped me understand that effective communication is not just about what you say, but also how and why you say it. I can use this when analyzing speeches and when making my own arguments because I will be more aware of my audience and the choices I make.
Comments
Post a Comment